God can make something out of nothing.
So if you think you’re something, He can’t do anything with you. BUT! If you admit that you’re nothing, He can do something amazing. God uses the foolishness of preaching to rescue souls
God method is a man — Jesus Christ.
E. M. Bounds, Power Through Prayer
“The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better men.”
In order for God to change your life He needed a man, He looked for a man and became a man.
• In order to connect Himself to us, Jesus needed to be 100% man and 100% God. He was able to show us love by being God and justice by being man.
Job 9:32-34 NIV
“He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. If only there were someone to mediate between us,someone to bring us together,someone to remove God’s rod from me,so that his terror would frighten me no more.
• Job is saying, “I’m not able to get to God. Is there someone who could arbitrate, intercession, advocate, etc?” Jesus is that man.
Ezekiel 22:30 NIV
“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.”
Isaiah 59:16 NIV
He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm achieved salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him.
1 Timothy 2:5 NIV
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus
• You are the nearest thing to Jesus Christ that people have ever met. Of course you can’t change your community on your own but God uses you to do so.
Acts 9:11 NIV
The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.”
• God sends Ananias to go talk to Saul.
Acts 10:4-6 NIV
Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”
• The angel doesn’t tell Cornelius the Gospel. He says to go to Peter and he’ll tell you.
God’s methodology is man. FOR EXAMPLE: Someone told you about Jesus.
People don’t just connect us with God. They also connect us with our calling and with our destiny.
We see this in the life of (Saul) Paul. Stephen connected Paul to God, Ananias to his calling, and Barnabas to his destiny. If God hasn’t given you new instructions then continue with the old ones. Even weird people will be used by God.
Robert told a story about when he was in Pakistan. He wanted to change his airline ticket to get back to England but no one was working in the airport that day. He decided to wait there. After a few hours he talked to a stranger named Imran and told him that he needed help getting home. Imran gave him a number and told him to call it. When Robert did, he got hold of the CEO of British Airways who said it was his home number and his day off. He gave him 2 business class seats on the flight he needed.
** Find Imran in your life—the person who connects you to God, your destiny, and your calling. **
—But don’t just look for Imran. Be Imran for someone else.
Acts 16:9 NIV
During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”
• Paul didn’t have a vision of a map of Macedonia but of a man in Macedonia. You don’t need a burden for NYC. His methodology isn’t just a city. It’s people. “Come over and help us” is not just a good idea but a God-idea. He wants to use you and put his words in your mouth.
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.”
1 Peter 4:11 NIV
If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
“You must be born again” is the shortest preaching ever. God has called everyone to be fools and do this foolishness of preaching. It is a challenge to grow. Come over and change your lifestyle and direction. Get over yourself and your background and do what God called you to do.Robert said that his teachers told him he’d never amount to anything. God looked at his records and said, “You’re perfect.” Tell people that they can serve and make a difference.
In order to be an Imran, you need to connect people to other people.
• The Gospel had never been preached in Europe before Paul went there.
• You can be like Lydia who was a businesswoman who invested in Paul’s ministry or a man from Macedonia who believes in people or Paul who can change a continent for the cause of Christ.