Luke 7: 11-17 NLV
The next day Jesus went to a city called Nain. His followers and many other people went with Him. When they came near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out. He was the only son of a woman whose husband had died. Many people of the city were with her. When the Lord saw her, He had loving-pity for her and said, “Do not cry.” He went and put His hand on the box in which the dead man was carried. The men who were carrying it, stopped. Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” The man who was dead sat up and began to talk. Then Jesus gave him to his mother. Everyone was afraid and they gave thanks to God. They said, “A great Man Who speaks for God has come among us! God has cared for His people!” The news about Jesus went through all the country of Judea and over all the land.
— "The man who was dead sat up..."
• Proves that God can change the worst situations
Understand that Jesus uses simple acts to make tremendous difference. He makes the natural becomes supernatural.
Jesus can cure right now, but He needs us to: • Transform • Change / confront the crowd
Maybe God has already helped you with your troubles, but you have not confronted your crowd.
Here are somethings to take note of the scripture:
1. It is a young man
• NOTE: Age does not matter, but being a young man (boy) shows how today many of our youth are heading to their own funeral.
2. There was a crowd carrying the young man
• NOTE: The crows (the world) is taking our youth to their deaths.
3. Verse 16 // Everyone was afraid and they gave thanks to God. They said, “A great Man Who speaks for God has come among us! God has cared for His people!”
• NOTE: This complicates a bit more as religious people are doing this, but this clearly shows the difference of what a religious person looks like.
No one is aware that Jesus does not have to be physically present to act upon.
Revolution starts to occur when we reap for what we weep.
1. Woman Crying — CARING
• We need to learn to cry
2. Jesus touched the coffin — COURAGE
• It was not allowed for a Jewish person to touch a dead person; it is absurd. BUT! No one complains when Jesus touches it.
3. A crowd to help you control the other crowd — UNITY
• You need to unite the leaders.
I WANT TO STOP FUNERALS.